my life, etc.,etc., etc

Monday, December 11, 2006


Dear Blog,

So only 14 shopping days left til Christmas. I really don't know where the last 5 months have gone. It was July one day, and then the next it was Halloween, and then the day after that, was today , and almost the end of the year. I have tried to make the most of the last few weeks of 2006. I feel like I have been very social lately, as it is the Holidays. Last weekend I was out on both Friday AND Saturday - ok so, I get really tired and floppy-feeling come Friday, so it takes a good dinner and a bottle of wine to pull me out of it. I had dinner with my boys Paul and Ian at Knife and Fork - it was an experience - nice ambiance, and an interesting menu -I give it 3 stars. Next we met Paul's friend Lindy and her birthday crowd at People - they had good music. Saturday, we were dragging a bit so it was breakfast at cup and a nap until 6, when Sam was picking me up to go to The Nutcracker. I had never been to a ballet before, and it was amazing - those people sure can move around. They even danced while it snowed little plastic snowflakes, which we surely thought was most dangerous. After, we went to Aspen and Gstaad - 2 bars that boast an uppity, hoity-toity, apres ski lodge feel. I called it an early night, because I had to Christmas shop on Sunday. Paul and I made it down to the lower east side in search of not-lame presents for everyone. Paul was very patient while I browsed. It is Monday night again and a week of work stands before me. The White + Warren Holiday shindig is on Thursday - we're getting crazy from 1-4 on Thursday afternoon, while making our own food and exchanging secret Santa gifts - yipeeee - well not really, but I'm trying to not be mad about it. Time for bed - I feel tired all over.

Love,
Kate
xoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off thanks for all the paul ref's. second thanks you for using the word hoity-toity as it is my new "come back kid word" third way to hold back the anger on the W&W christmas party.... folks she is pissed

7:02 AM  
Blogger oneofthemates said...

congrats on your first ballet experience, i love going to the ballet but that's not really high on aaron's list of super fun things to do. i want to hear more about kate being pissed!!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home