my life, etc.,etc., etc

Sunday, September 10, 2006


Dear Blog,

So this weekend sure did come and go quickly. Friday night was low-key. Paul and I went to dinner in Grand Central (they actually have some pretty good restaurants) and then just kicked-it. Yesterday was also slow - cleaned house and made some sewing repairs - I have have been getting complaints that the hole in my robe was getting a little out of control so something had to be done. We had dinner at Locale, a cute Italian place up the street in Queens and then walked over to Sam and Brina's - they have this dog omelet who's just the cutest ever. Today I went to Williamsburg and scoured some vintage stores with a couple of the girls from work. Here's the thing - I always have the hardest time finding anything worth while anymore in these places. I just find myself rooting through a rack of 70's polyester double-knit with a bunch of other hopefuls desperate to stumble upon a fashion treasure, until I realize that the place had been picked of all the good stuff years ago when Williamsburg became the popular place to be, or be seen at least - whatever, I'm over it. I did come upon some great "new stores". There are some great, and yes, very tiny little shops that have a well-sorted selection of covetable jewelry, clothing by new labels such as Vena Cava, and various housewares, furniture, and eccentric odds and ends. I gotta say that when it comes to vintage or antique scavenging, I can get down and dirty with the best of em', but really kids, don't we all have enough old tee-shirts and beat-to-hell leather bags. Embrace the new!!!
Oh, and enjoy the emo/hipster pic - they're harder to find than you'd think.

Love,
Kate
xoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger oneofthemates said...

um...who is that?? just a random emo/indie?

6:03 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

damn these hipsters! they ruin everything!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home