my life, etc.,etc., etc

Friday, June 02, 2006

Dear Blog,

Well I apologize, I have been a very lazy blogger lately, and so much fun stuff has happened that I haven't even told you about. Well, last weekend I went home over Memorial day Weekend and we all had a wonderful time. Sometimes all you need is a couple days at your real home to just get yourself all straightened out. When I'm out of joint, both in mind and spirit, and need to go back to my roots, or at least back to Colorado and bring myself back down and into it. Whenever I go home I always feel the need and want to be creative, but then by the time I've rested I have to go back to work and my creative energy runs out all over again. Anyway, I had a 1/2 day last Friday and then it was off to Pittsburgh and off to Denver. Paul left to visit Brian in Chicago the same day and had one hell of a time getting out of LAG(flying sucks most of the time). Although I think that your vacation should begin with your flight instead of starting after you land. So it was supposed to be a surprise, but Mom's sneaky and pretty much knew a week before that I would be home. Next time I'll surprise the both of them.

On Saturday I worked out in the morning and then we just hung around the house, met up with some friends for lunch and then did some shopping at the mall. It's funny how we don't really have that sort of thing in NYC. Later. we got Chinese food and watched TV. Sunday I played some piano(luckliy I haven't lost it yet) and then we took the top down on my beetle and drove downtown. Went to a bookstore, did some more shopping and then headed back home. We had to make it home by 7 because that's when the Soprano's comes on, and my mom and dad now LOOOOOOOVE the Soprano's and HBO. My mom made dinner - how I love home-cooked meals and then later on, my dad I watched the Sherlock Holmes mysteries they have on the Biography channel. Monday, I took my car for one last drive and then we stayed in and watched movies. The weather was kind of gross and cold out. Tuesday I had to leave, but not til 6 so mom and I spent the afternoon together and got lunch.

It was a nice visit and I was oh so sad to have to leave. I had 2 very loved orange cats and one dog that we kind of like, so it's always hard to leave them. Ok, blog, sorry again for the delayed update. Hopefully I will get my act in gear and write to you more often.

Night blog
Kate
xoxo

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

can i just say that poor dog. someone send that little guy some love please!

6:57 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

can you play the tetris theme on the piano? i love that ditty.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

unfortunately I cannot play the tetris ditty on the piano, but I will certainly try, but only for you Jen. what can I say Paul, we're just not dog people

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home