my life, etc.,etc., etc

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dear Blog,

Well it has been almost 2 whole days, and I'm sure you have been going crazy since I've been gone. Actually blog, I have been spending my days with people - no offense, but sometimes I need someone who can talk back to me. So where to start....Well, on Friday, my day off, one of my few days offs, ever, we got an early start and walked over the the American Folk Art Museum- it was really interesting, and definitely a better time than I thought - folkart - don't knock it til you've tried it. After that, we went to Burger Heaven down the street for lunch (it's kind of a new york tradition I guess). We ended our afternoon at Bloomingdales and then walked down 5th Ave. on the way back to the hotel. We rested and had a little nap, and then it was off to dinner at Patsy's - a famous, and very delicious Italian restaurant in the theatre district. I am a little skeptical of any restaurants near, in or around times Square, but this place is and always will be great.

On Saturday morning we did the MET, and saw what we could in about 2 hours. I need to go more often so I don't forget my entire art history education. After that, we went to Serendipity III for lunch and got their famous "frozen hot chocolate" - a little tip - if you feel like being obese for an afternoon, go there and stuff yourself stupid. We went to the Frick Collection after lunch and saw "Goya's Last Works"(or the "crazy period" when he was starting to lose it). The exhibition was good and the permanent collection rivals the MET's. This is definitely a good alternative to the MET and it's set in somebody's home(well, a really uber fabulous one, but still). It was so nice, sunny and beautiful that we spent the rest of the day outside wandering through central park. We walked past "The Dakota" where John Lennon was shot and then walked down to the Time Warner Building. We were so stuffed from lunch that we had greek salads at this place down the street from their hotel, and then it was back to Queens for me.

Easter Sunday, we waited in line for the 12 pm mass at St. Patrick's cathedral, since the 10:15 mass was sold out - it doesn't sound very good when you say "sold out", but anyway, that's what they said. After that we went to the "Top of the Rock" at Rockefellar Center about 77 stories up. I have to say that it was better than the Empire State Building - fewer people and more room to walk around. Later, we went to see "The Odd Couple" with Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick. It was uber funny, however I can't figure out whether Nathan Lane just gets the better parts or whether he's just funnier than mathew - hmmm? Paul met up for dinner later and then I said goodbye to Mom and Dad until August. It was sad seeing them go. Most of you that read this know that I am an only child, so they are kind of all I have - besides my friends here in the city of course.

This was a busy weekend, but it was a nice change. The people that live here in this city, don't take enough advantage of all that New York has to offer, and it's important to remind ourselves of all we have. Ok, well I have gone on long enough - it's starting to sound like a review out of AAA.

Goodnight Blog, have a good week!

1 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

blog misses kate

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home