my life, etc.,etc., etc

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dear Blog,

I told myself that this blog would be for positive and thought-provoking moments in my life, so I instead of talking about my day at work, I will tell you about the book I am reading Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It starts out with a young movie star on the beach, and then moves through the beautiful hotel on the shore and the meeting of the European bourgeousis and the "nouveau riche" (after all, it is the "riche" that counts - that line is from a movie so I cann't really claim as my own) expatriate Americans who spend their lives floating through their days - afternoon picnics at the beach, elaborate dinner parties sipping sherry. I am only on page 30 something, but I already appreciate how the imagery allows to me to escape. We all need to escape - at least once or twice a day. Sometimes it helps if I have a little mood music to go along with the story - this morning some Miles Davis made a very good soundtrack.

Well blog, more tomorrow if you're lucky,
Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home