my life, etc.,etc., etc

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dear Blog,

Yesterday was a lovely Sat. I hung out here at my house, which I guess I don't really do all that often. I took a run on the mill and then soaked up the sun on our back porch. Then I went into the city and met up with Jen(whose interview with the NY Public School system went well) and Amy and we checked out this new exhibition by Kara Walker, and the show was prefaced by a short blurb about how it was directly related to the Hurricane Katrina devastation, but half way through, I noticed that the project had very little to do with the hurricane, and mostly about African-American Stereo-types. Amy is going to grad school for the art history thing so she had lots to say about it. After that we went to this little bakery on Madison Ave.(very shi-shi, and somewhere I don't usually hang out, but it was nice). Later on we met up with Paul for dinner at this Latin kitchen called Lucy - the Sangria was too good and I had too much - I'm a sucker for that stuff.

The next day was quiet. We cleaned up the back porch for the BBQ and ran to the store to get some extra stuff. We didn't care to worry about whether our grill would work or not, so when we go to fire her up, after everyone got there, it didn't work - I guess we had never shut the gas off after the last BBQ so the tank was empty. Sandra blamed it on Ian, which might be one of the reasons he doesn't come over much? Anyway, it was fun and good people showed up and we need to do it way more often. So into another week I am - trying to keep my spirits up so I don't bring the whole world down with me. Time to finish the resume and send, send, send, send.

Goodnight Blog,
Kate
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home