my life, etc.,etc., etc

Monday, June 26, 2006


Dear Blog,

So today is one of those days that are meant to be spent in bed watching The Cosby Show re-runs. For the last couple of days it has been rainy and grey and it's bringing me down - I'm kinda sad, and don't really feel like being out and just blah, blah blah for a week now. I am hoping that our impending vacation next weekend to Charlotte N.C. will clear things up for me.

The last couple of weekends have been good and for some weird reason, the time hasn't flown by, instead of feeling like your 2 days off is more like 2 hours off. 2 weekends ago, Paul and I had a quiet weekend. Saturday we had lunch at this snobby restaurant Mediterraneo, or something like that on the upper east side, and then went to the park for a while. It was really really steamy out, so we cooled off in the Time Warner Center and Paul got ray-ban's and a "boat shirt" for vacay - that sounds kind of gay, so I won't say "vacay" anymore -sorry blog. We then stopped at whole foods and got steaks for dinner. We rarely spend a Saturday night at home making dinner, so it was a much needed good time. The steaks were the size of my cats, so we had a hard time cutting through - only one thing to say - "meat sweats".

The next day we went to Church and it was First Communion for the kiddies, which was nice to see - brought me back. After that, we met our friend Lena for Summer Stage in Central Park. It's free and kind of cool if the right music is playing. After that it was off to Taco Taco and one of the best burrito's and coconut margarita's I have ever had in my life. Back at home, we watched "Kiss, Kiss, Bang Bang", with Val Kilmer and Robert Downy Jr.(very very big crush on RDjr.). It was good - unusual, but good.

This past weekend, my friend Lindsay was in town for a motion graphics convention for work, so she stayed through Sunday with us in Queens. She was pretty beat so we laid low for the most part. Friday we went to dinner at Local, this new Italian place down the street, and then Saturday, Shinae(other roomate), Lindsay and Paul and I met up for "The Great New Wonderful" at the Angelika. I have seen a lot of movies like this lately - very scattered, following the lives of many different people, and then at the end, everyone sort of comes together. It seems to be a trend in movies lately.

After that, we gave back to New York City - which means we went shopping and spent money. I bought a shelf at the crate and the barrel and then my lovely roommates helped me lug the 9" tall awkwardly heavy box home on the subway - what a bunch of troopers. That night we rented a movie and there was lots o' girlchat. Sunday was quiet - I put my shelf together - it was really simple and I could handle it. I cleaned a little, and then later we went to a BBQ at Kathleen's(old roommate), and it was fun - they have a pretty nice, cute little place with a nice roof. Later, Paul and I continued our love affair with Robert Downy Junior and watched "Less than Zero" - eerily parallels his real life -might give you nightmares - be careful.

So that was a marathon Blog. It's 11 so I'm watching "Sex and the City". For all of you boys who wonder - there's actually this beacon that sounds whenever the show's on and only girls can hear it.

Good night Blog,
I will try not to wait so long to write next time - I know you get lonely.
Kate
xoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger oneofthemates said...

it's true kate, i agree with chief martin. i miss you already :) i'm expecting a good blog about this past weekend and hopefully you are refreshed for the rest of the week.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

chief martin and allison - hugs and kisses to you both - and martin, we are excited for September - watch out, this shit's getting crazy!!!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home