my life, etc.,etc., etc

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dear Blog,

So the last 2 weeks have been busy ones - but I guess when you live in a city like this, you are always busy - with business or something other.....So I've noticed that I only write about my weekends, but lets face it....we all live for those 2 care-free days a week. Last Friday, my friend Jen stopped by for a visit since she was in the city for an interview and then in the evening, Chip, Jen and I headed west to Hell's Kitchen a medium sized BBQ at Ian's design firm - it was nice........and for those of you that didn't catch it, that was a bad joke. The next day Paul and I met up with Rebecca at her new apt. in the lower east side and then headed to Union Pool in Williamsburg for another BBQ. After that, we trolled the neighborhood, being the cool, hipster that kids that we are not(well, I only speak for myself and for paul), got some Mexican food and the hit up some vintage stores. One store in particular was owned and run by one of Rebecca's friends, who's a designer that re-works and re-sells vintage clothing. Later that night, we were all tuckered out so we watched a few episodes of Arrested Development and called it a day. The next day, Paul came to my neck of the woods where we grocery shopped and layed out in my little courtyard in the back. We actually got some sun, and of coarse, Paul got burned as usual. Later that night we had an impromptu BBQ of our own(lots o' bbq's this weekend - I just not realized that....god I'm slow) and quite a few kids showed up. Then came Monday and the countdown started all over again. Well, we have a 1/2 day tomorrow which makes me very happy - after work I might try to go find a bathing suit - oh boy.....I am so excited.......I can't wait.......do you sense the lack of enthusiasm in my voice..........no...........maybe now........?

Good night blog,
Kate
xoxo

3 Comments:

Blogger 1_liter_of_fun said...

what do you mean paul burned? paul doesn't burn, does he? Maybe you meant you burned paul with a witty quip or glib verbal joust. Paul burned?

2:41 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

paul needs to work on his eric nies style tan and chest veins. then you will have a good time

5:45 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

kate takes a bit oj joy from my sun burns for some reason......... so sad

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home