my life, etc.,etc., etc

Wednesday, June 07, 2006


Dear Blog,

Well I have been quite the little traveler lately. 2 weeks ago I went back to CO for a visit and then last weekend I went to Philly to celebrate my friend Jen's 24th. Ok, well, I guess I'm not as big a traveler as I think, but it sounds so good to see it written. I got to PA by way of the Apex Bus Co, or what is better known as the China Town Bus. Only 2 fights broke out on the way there, but other than that, it was a very pleasant ride - I guess I'd be a fool to expect anything more, since I only paid $20 round-trip. I don't even see how this covers the cost of gas, but whatever..... I'm asking no questions. Once I arrived we got lunch at this really good Chinese restaurant called the Peking Duck House(there were about 5 Peking Duck House restaurants on the same street and we just picked one), and then walked through this great big farmers market. We went home and hung out for a few hours before it was time to drive back downtown to meet Michael Ian Black at this comedy place on South Street. I have to say that although he wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, he was kind of fun to listen to. The best part of the night was when he read several of his blg entries off myspace(or friendster, can't remember) - that's right - he keeps a blog - check it out. After the show we had some Mojito's at this Mexican Restaurant and then went home. We are just not the all-night partying crowd, no matter how hard we try. The next morning was Jen's birthday, and her mom made a wonderful breakfast and then I headed out to catch the bus. On this trip, I met Jen's brother Jason who surprisingly enough, has the same illness that I do - Wegeners Disease. It was nice to meet another person who's been there and back and knows what its like. When I got back that afternoon, I got re-aclimated and then Paul met me for a movie. We saw "The Break-up". The theatre was mostly couples, and I can only guess that the conversations on the way out of the theatre were the same for everyone. That's all I'm going to say... So on my ride back to NYC, I took some lovely pics of the highway. I can't remember whether it's the NJ or PA Turnpike, but it's one of those - enjoy the not so lovely photo!

Night blog,
Kate
xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

that is a lovely photo. oh my!! your a jetsetter man. just on a bus with out the long distance.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home