my life, etc.,etc., etc

Monday, July 24, 2006


Dear Blog,

So lately I have been pondering what mean to have an and what it takes to have an original thought. I work in a business where every good idea always seems to come from somewhere or something else - nothing seems to be born of any first thoughts. What's worse, is that this business runs on the motto that "time is money": this rule is 2-fold. 1) Money creates risk, and taking a chance on original idea costs money and is thus "risky", so it seems like the only ideas that ever get any face time are those that have been proven to be successful before by someone else. 2) The creative process takes time, and in a fast-paced industry like fashion, time is at a premium, so with all that we have to get done, one doesn't possible have the hours it takes to orchestrate and incubate an original thought. I wish that I was one of those people who always had something clever to say or could sit down with a sketch book and have brilliant, "outside the box" ideas everyday, but I can't and I fear that I never will, and that, for now, makes up my biggest fear in life.

Night blog,
Kate
xoxo(and I thought I was being original by writing "dear blog" - oh well)

5 Comments:

Blogger SAIRUS...®`™ said...

cool blog ;)


greetings from the u.k

7:01 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

so is your blog international or is this a blog bot....... we may never know. solid post kate

11:11 AM  
Blogger oneofthemates said...

hi kate. i was going to send you an email to see how you were doing and how your job was and all of that fun stuff but i couldn't find your email address in my email :( so i will have to ask you over the blog!! how's life?

11:51 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

wow kate blog now has pics. UPGRADE!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

ok so we need a post!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home